Thursday 9 July 2015

Today is my sister's birthday

Today is my sister's birthday. I have one sister, Deepa, who is two years younger to me. My sister and I are very close. We completely trust and help each other. I can talk any thing with her and know it is just between us. I can share my innermost thoughts with her, and know that she is not going to laugh or criticize me for it. We share a very strong bond and she is my best friend.

In my times of need, she is always there, even before I ask her for help. When my daughters were small, they were very much loved and cared for, by her. So is still the case; her affection and care and concern has multiplied over time, though they are grown-up and working now.

In her own life, she has a successful career, besides having raised a caring and wonderful son. She is a woman of strong determination, grit and empathy, and has overcome whatever difficulties came in her life, with a smiling face and perseverance. I am blessed to have such a sister. Below are some lines I 'stole' from some unknown author which truly depict what I feel about her.

I just want to let you know
You mean the world to me
Only a heart as dear as yours
Would give so unselfishly

The many things you've done
All the times that you were there
Help me know deep down inside
How much you really care

Even though I might not say
I appreciate all you do
Richly blessed is how I feel
Having a sister just like you, Deepa!

No comments:

Post a Comment