Thursday 30 April 2015

Feeling Grateful today



I just finished grading assignments of one of my classes for Human Anatomy and Physiology module, and almost everyone got an A or B, and only one had C, out of a class of 25 students. This is an indication of how well they understood the topic, and also how they did in class, in terms of team work and team discussion, PowerPoint presentation, and be able to answer the questions asked from them, among other things. 

I feel really grateful every time when I am in the classroom, to have gotten such motivated and keen learners as students. When the semester starts and students are new, it usually takes a few classes for them to adjust and after that, when they have sort of adapted themselves to my style and expectations, it is a pleasure to teach them. I look forward to go to college, as when they are able to understand a difficult topic and have their 'aha' moments, it is really worth the effort!

Whether Director of my school, School of Applied Sciences, acknowledges or not, which he does, it gives me immense satisfaction and a sense of fulfillment when my students do very well in the continuous assessment, and in examination, and email me proudly their results. My heart is filled with gratitude, having taught for more than 30 years, and still I feel like a student. 

Every time when I am with my students, not only they learn from me, I also learn a lot from them. My keen desire to learn more and more, patience and perseverance, ability to deal with difficult people and situations, all these and many more things, are due to them. Thank you God, thank you daddy and mummy, for guiding me towards becoming an educator.

2 comments: