Saturday 25 April 2015

My experience in music class today

I have been learning keyboard for the last two months in a music school here in Jurong, Singapore. Up till now I have learnt to play semibreve, minim, dotted-minim and crotchet, with both right and left hands. I have been practicing my lessons quite sincerely since I started, and look forward to going for the class every Saturday. Today I was introduced to quaver note which is half of crotchet. I played the notes and it was 'magical'. It exhilarated me when I could play the correct notes in the first try itself. Something inside me was stirred, and I felt so joyful and peaceful! I don't know what was it, but it was really something divine! I realized why music is considered divine, a route to go deeper inside.

This has been my childhood desire to learn some musical instrument, and now when I am learning to play keyboard, I feel fortunate to be able to realize my childhood dream! More talk later, I am rushing to practise today's lesson......

No comments:

Post a Comment