Wednesday 15 April 2015

Today is my daughter Ruchika's birthday


Although all days are good days, but today is special! It's my elder daughter Ruchika's birthday. She is my little angel born on 14th April, who transformed my status to motherhood, a very important milestone in a woman's life. She was our cute bundle of joy who made both (my husband and I) of us gear all our priorities in life, I mean ALL priorities, towards her. There is no experience like having children. If anyone wants the experience of having complete responsibility for another human being, and to learn how to love and bond in the deepest way, then she/he should have children.

All these years of her growing up into a young beautiful girl have been very precious to me, both in terms of fond memories as well as in making me a better person. When I close my eyes, I see small Ruchika playing endlessly in the courtyard of our home, running 'furiously' towards me when I returned home from college and jumping in my lap, showering all her love. How fondly she cared for her younger sister Neha, and how fiercely protective she was, and still is, of her! Both our daughters completed our family, and we got reasons to have more outings on the weekends, and to plan more holidays when they were younger. Now they are usually busy with their work and other things, but we always have this feeling called 'spiritual security' which means that we know that though we may not be together, they are watching out for us the whole time.

One of the many things I learnt over a period of time growing up with my daughters is importance of having love and great relationships among family members. If we don't have the support and love and caring and concern that we get from our family, we don't have much at all. Love is so supremely important. I feel really blessed to have so much love around me, from my husband, children, parents, relatives and friends that I sometimes feel God has been too kind to me!





No comments:

Post a Comment